Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano announced this week that players and coaching staff from the New York Cosmos will be attending the Nassau County Youth Spring Soccer Clinics at Cedar Creek Park and Cantiague Park to work with the children and set up drills. The clinic is designed to help children develop skills for the future including teamwork, commitment and communication with others.
The New York Cosmos will be at the Nassau County Youth Spring Soccer Clinics on the following days:
* Cedar Creek Park – Wednesday, April 24th from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Cantiague Park – Tuesday, April 30th from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
The clinic at Cedar Creek Park, which is open to boys and girls between the ages of 9 – 12, will be held on:
- Wednesdays from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (April 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th and May 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd)
Rain date: May 29th
The clinic at Cantiague Park, which is open to boys and girls ages 5 – 12, offers the following two sessions:
- Tuesdays, from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (April 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th and May 7th, 14th, 21st)
- Fridays, from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (April 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th and May 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th)
Rain dates: May 28th and 30th
Late registration is available through May 3rd with a registration fee of $95.00, check payable to: Friends of Nassau County Recreation. For additional information please contact Nassau County Soccer by phone at: (516) 572-0233, or via email: NCECsoccer@nassaucountyny.gov.
For more information on Nassau County Department of Parks, Recreation and Museums please call: (516) 572-0200 or visit: www.nassaucountyny.gov/parks.