The Nassau County Department of Parks, Recreation and Museums announce road closures for the Divas Half Marathon® & 5K on Sunday, October 5th. The Divas Half Marathon® & 5K will once again feature a 13.1 mile loop course starting and finishing at Eisenhower Park. The events will start at 7:45 a.m. with the 5K which follows a loop all within Eisenhower Park. The half marathon will follow, starting at 8:05 a.m.
The following roads will be affected by the half marathon route and will be closed during the designated times as stated below:
• Park Blvd: Southbound lane – 3:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Northbound lane (no thru traffic) – 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
• Charles Lindbergh Blvd. loop: 8:00 a.m. to 10:35 a.m.
• Merrick Ave. from Hempstead Pkwy. to Stewart Ave. (all lanes): 7:30 a.m. to 10:50 a.m.
• Merrick Ave. from Stewart Ave. to Old Country Rd. (northbound lanes): 7:30 a.m. to 10:50 a.m.
• Old Country Road (eastbound) from Merrick Ave. to Salisbury Park Drive: 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
• Salisbury Park Dr. from Old Country Rd. to Carman Ave. (southbound lanes): 8:30 a.m. to 11:35 a.m.
• Carman Ave. from Salisbury Park Dr. to Nottingham Rd. (southbound lanes): 8:45 a.m. to 11:50 a.m.
Only these streets will be affected on race day. The course will be closed to through traffic in residential areas and we ask residents to please avoid using roads on the route during the affected times to avoid delays and for safety purposes, but residents will still have access to/from their residences as needed.
The event will follow a rolling enclosure which means that traffic will be affected for a short period before the first runners enters the section and ends when the last runner leaves that section. Local jurisdictions will reopen the roads as soon as race course operations cease, with the half marathon course officially closing by 11:50 a.m.
Visit the Divas Half Marathon® & 5K website at http://www.runlikeadiva.com/closures for more information.