As part of his continued efforts to help homeowners reduce their property tax burden, County Executive Edward Mangano will be hosting a series of Property Tax Exemptions Workshops in July at libraries and community meeting halls throughout Nassau County.
Department of Assessment staff will be on hand to assist any homeowner who would like to file for the Veterans, Senior Citizen, Cold War Veterans, Volunteer Firefighters and Ambulance Workers, Limited Income Disability, Home Improvement or (for homeowners already in the STAR Program) the Enhanced STAR property tax exemption on-site.
The property tax exemptions workshops will be offered from 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. at the following locations:
• Thursday, July 7th at the North Bellmore Public Library located at 1551 Newbridge Road
• Friday, July 8th at the Roslyn (The Bryant) Public Library located at 2 Paper Mill Road
• Tuesday, July 12th at the Franklin Square Public Library located at 19 Lincoln Road
• Wednesday, July 13th at the Oceanside Public Library located at 30 Davison Avenue
• Thursday, July 14th at the Manhasset Public Library located at 30 Onderdonk Avenue
• Friday, July 15th at the Levittown Public Library located at 1 Bluegrass Lane
• Tuesday, July 19th at the Merrick Public Library located at 2279 Merrick Avenue
• Wednesday, July 20th at the Elmont Public Library located at 700 Hempstead Turnpike
• Thursday, July 21st at the North Merrick Public Library located at 1691 Meadowbrook Road
• Friday, July 22nd at the Long Beach Public Library located at 111 West Park Avenue
• Monday, July 25th at the Port Washington Public Library located at One Library Drive
• Tuesday, July 26th at the Westbury Recreation Center located at 348 Post Avenue
• Wednesday, July 27th at the Bellmore Memorial Public Library located at 2288 Bedford Avenue
• Thursday, July 28th at the Massapequa Park (Bar Harbor) Public Library located at 40 Harbor Lane
Homeowners who will be filing for a property tax exemption are encouraged to MAKE COPIES of their 2015 Federal and State Income Tax Forms, Driver’s License, and any other documentation that is required PRIOR TO THE WORKSHOP. Documentation requirements can be viewed on the application available on the Department of Assessment website at http://www.mynassauproperty.com.
For further information regarding property tax exemptions that are offered by Nassau County, please contact the Department of Assessment Exemptions Division at (516) 571-1500.