As part of his continued efforts to help homeowners reduce their property tax burden, County Executive Edward Mangano will be hosting a series of Property Tax Exemptions Workshops in August at libraries and community meeting halls throughout Nassau County.
Department of Assessment staff will be on hand to assist any homeowner who would like to file for the Veterans, Senior Citizen, Cold War Veterans, Volunteer Firefighters and Ambulance Workers, Limited Income Disability, Home Improvement or (for homeowners already in the STAR Program) the Enhanced STAR property tax exemption on-site.
The property tax exemptions workshops will be offered from 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. at the following locations:
• Tuesday, August 2 at the Lakeview Public Library located at 1120 Woodfield Road
• Thursday, August 4 at the Hempstead Public Library located at 115 Nichols Court
• Friday, August 5 at the 5 Towns Community Center at 270 Lawrence Avenue, Lawrence
• Tuesday, August 9 at Valley Stream VFW Post 1790 located at 65 East Merrick Road
• Wednesday, August 10 at the Hicksville Public Library located at 169 Jerusalem Avenue
• Thursday, August 11 at the Lynbrook Public Library located at 56 Eldert Street
• Friday, August 12 at the Farmingdale Public Library located at 116 Merritts Road
• Monday, August 15 at Seaford American Legion Post 1132 located at 2301 Penatiquit Avenue
• Tuesday, August 16 at the Shelter Rock Public Library located at 165 Searingtown Road, Albertson
• Thursday, August 18 at the Syosset Public Library located at 225 South Oyster Bay Road
• Friday, August 19 at the Baldwin Public Library located at 2385 Grand Avenue
• Monday, August 22 at the Plainview Jewish Center located at 95 Floral Drive
• Tuesday, August 23 at the Island Park Public Library located at 176 Long Beach Road
• Wednesday, August 24 at the Plainedge Public Library located at 1060 Hicksville Road
• Thursday, August 25 at the Great Neck House located at 14 Arrandale Avenue
Homeowners who will be filing for a property tax exemption are encouraged to MAKE COPIES of their 2015 Federal and State Income Tax Forms, Driver’s License, and any other documentation that is required PRIOR TO THE WORKSHOP. Documentation requirements can be viewed on the application available on the Department of Assessment website at http://www.mynassauproperty.com.
For further information regarding property tax exemptions that are offered by Nassau County, please contact the Department of Assessment Exemptions Division at (516) 571-1500.