Mineola, NY – As part of his continued efforts to help homeowners reduce their property tax burden, County Executive Edward Mangano will be hosting a series of Property Tax Exemptions Workshops in October at libraries and community meeting halls throughout Nassau County.
Department of Assessment staff will be on hand to assist any homeowner who would like to file for the Veterans, Senior Citizen, Cold War Veterans, Volunteer Firefighters and Ambulance Workers, Limited Income Disability, Home Improvement or (for homeowners already in the STAR Program) the Enhanced STAR property tax exemption on-site.
The property tax exemptions workshops will be offered from 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. at the following locations:
- Thursday, October 6th at the Garden City Senior Center located at 6 Golf Club Lane;
- Friday, October 7th at the Lake Success Village Hall located at 318 Lakeville Road;
- y, October 13th at the East Meadow Public Library located at 1886 Front Street;
- Friday, October 14th at the Gateway World Christian Center located at 502 North Central Ave. in Valley Stream; and
- Thursday, October 20th at the West Hempstead Public Library located at 500 Hempstead Avenue.
- The previously scheduled exemptions workshop for Monday, October 17th at the Wantagh Public Library has been cancelled by the library due to building construction.
Homeowners who will be filing for a property tax exemption are encouraged to makE copies of their 2015 Federal and State Income Tax Forms, Driver’s License, and any other documentation that is required prior to the workshop. Documentation requirements can be viewed on the application available on the Department of Assessment website at www.mynassauproperty.com.
For further information regarding property tax exemptions that are offered by Nassau County, please contact the Department of Assessment Exemptions Division at (516) 571-1500.