Old Bethpage, NY – Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano today announced that entries for the Competitive Exhibits at the Long Island Fair are now being accepted.
Artisans, craft-makers, botanists, gardeners and overall Long Island Fair enthusiasts are invited to plan their entry for the Competitive Exhibits at the Old Bethpage Village Restoration, which takes place this year on September 16th, 17th, 23rd and 24th.
The Competitive Exhibit schedule is as follows:
September 3rd – Entry Form due for Scarecrow and Advanced Departments (must be mailed, no online entries for these categories)
September 6th – All Paper entry forms due for all other departments
September 7th – 4:00 pm – Online Entry close
As has been the custom each year, you’re invited to enter your handcrafts, original art work, needlework, produce, floral arrangements, models, and culinary delights and vie for the “best in class” prize. This year, each exhibitor will receive two free passes to visit the fair. You can earn additional free passes by referring friends to join into the competitions and by entering more than one item into certain categories.
The entry drop-off guidelines are as follows:
- Hobbies, Needlework, Juniors & Advanced entries can be brought in Saturday, September 9th from 11:00 pm– 6:00 pm or Sunday, September 10th from 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Flowers, Fruits, Vegetables, Culinary & Junior and Advanced Culinary products can be brought in Thursday, September 14th between 8:00 am– 7:00 pm
- Culinary delights may also be dropped off on Friday, September 15th between 7:00 am– 8:00 am
- Rabbits and Guinea Pigs can be dropped off on Friday, September 22nd from 5:00 pm– 7:00 pm
- Horses can be dropped off on Saturday, September 23rd from 7:00 am – 9:00 am
For details and contest entry forms, visit the website at www.lifair.org and click on Competitive Exhibits, call the Long Island Fair Office at (516) 572-8404 to request a copy of the Competitive Exhibit Handbook, or check your local library for entry forms. Entries may also be submitted online!
As always, the fair is looking for volunteers to help with the entry intake process and many other important roles during the fair. If interested please call (516) 572-8416 or fill out the volunteer application online at www.lifair.org/volunteer.